2019
DOI: 10.1515/eces-2019-0050
|View full text |Cite
|
Sign up to set email alerts
|

The Impact of Microclimate Parameters on Odour Emissions from Pig Production in Spring

Abstract: The aim of this study was to examine the impact of inside temperature and relative humidity, ventilation rate and gas concentrations (NH3, N2O, CO2) on odour emissions from deep-litter piggery. The studied facility had temperature-controlled mechanical ventilation. The measurements were conducted from March to June 2014. During the research, selected microclimate parameters, as well as number and mass of animals were monitored and air samples were collected (two samples of air in each series of measurements). … Show more

Help me understand this report

Search citation statements

Order By: Relevance

Paper Sections

Select...
2

Citation Types

0
1
0

Year Published

2020
2020
2022
2022

Publication Types

Select...
3
1

Relationship

0
4

Authors

Journals

citations
Cited by 4 publications
(2 citation statements)
references
References 25 publications
0
1
0
Order By: Relevance
“…Ammonia is mainly emitted from manure management (80%), and the remaining 20% is due to the use of mineral nitrogen fertilizers (Bebkiewicz et al 2021). Almost one third of this gas emission (30%) comes from pig production (Mielcarek--Bocheńska and Rzeźnik 2019).…”
Section: Introductionmentioning
confidence: 99%
“…Ammonia is mainly emitted from manure management (80%), and the remaining 20% is due to the use of mineral nitrogen fertilizers (Bebkiewicz et al 2021). Almost one third of this gas emission (30%) comes from pig production (Mielcarek--Bocheńska and Rzeźnik 2019).…”
Section: Introductionmentioning
confidence: 99%
“…The storage and distribution of livestock manure in farmland can pollute the soil and groundwater [6]. The unreasonable use of livestock manure not only causes environmental pollution, and the generated odour will affect people's mood and behaviour, but also hinder the appreciation of livestock manure [7].…”
Section: Introductionmentioning
confidence: 99%