DOI: 10.1590/s0074-02761990000100009
|View full text |Cite
Sign up to set email alerts

Serotyping of Candida albicans isolated from clinical specimens

Abstract: A specific antiserum to Candida albicans serotype A was prepared adsorbing a total antiserum with Candida albicans serotype B cells. This specific antiserum was used for serotyping C. albicans strains obtained from patients in different hospitals of Havana City, Cuba. Two hundred strains (95.2%) were serotype A, the remaining 10 (4.8%) were serotype B. Results were also correlated with strains isolated from the specimen origin, sex and race of the patient. The usefulness of this specific antiserum to determine… Show more

Help me understand this report

This publication either has no citations yet, or we are still processing them

Set email alert for when this publication receives citations?

See others like this or search for similar articles