volume 15, issue 4, P789-798 2009
DOI: 10.1590/s1678-91992009000400016
View full text
|
|
Share

Abstract: ABSTRACT:Toad poisoning is frequent in dogs, but has been infrequently addressed in published case reports and review articles. Dogs can be poisoned when they bite a toad or otherwise ingest the venom. The venom effects manifest soon after the accident, since the toxin is rapidly absorbed by the mucous membrane of the digestive system. Hospital records of three dogs, diagnosed with toad poisoning, were retrospectively reviewed from January 2005 to July 2007. Poisoned dogs may present only local irritation or …

Expand abstract

Search citation statements

Order By: Relevance

Paper Sections

0
0
0
0
0

Citation Types

0
10
0
4

Publication Types

Select...

Relationship

0
0

Authors

Journals