volume 158, issue 11, P2272-2282 2011
DOI: 10.1016/j.combustflame.2011.04.004
View full text
|
Sign up to set email alerts
|
Share

Abstract: One technique used to recover oil from ground oil shale, or to burn oil shale semicoke, consists of propagating a smoldering front through a packed bed. One drawback of this technique is that the mineral structure of the shale is decarbonated due to the high temperature of the front. This phenomenon causes 70% of the CO 2 emissions released during such processes. The remaining 30% result from the fixed carbon oxidation. With the aim of decreasing the front temperature and thus avoiding decarbonation at the fro…

Expand abstract