Clin Pediatr (Phila) volume 2, issue 2, P53-54 1963 DOI: 10.1177/000992286300200201 View full text
|
|
Share
Jay M. Arena

Abstract: VlE~euRY is a highly toxic silver-white metal, liquid and slightly volatile at ordinary room temperatures. Its fumes are readily absorbed through the lungs by inhalation.Mercury salts are widely used in medicine as cathartics, antiseptics and diuretics, and in agriculture and industry in the farm of dusting or wettable powders and fumigants. Every known form of mercury compound is potentially dangerous, and the opportunities for accidental intoxication are widespread.The acute form of poisoning occurs most fr…

expand abstract