Online Brazilian Journal of Nursing 2011 DOI: 10.5935/1676-4285.20113534 View full text
|
|
Share
Leides Barroso Azevedo Moura, Paula Elaine Diniz dos Reis, Andréa Mathes Faustino, Dirce Guilhem, Luciana Neves da Silva Bampi, Gisele Martins

Abstract: Objective: To analyze the occurrence of the phenomenon of physical violence within intimate and affective relationships involving women aged 15 to 49 years living in an economically vulnerable area of the Federal District. Method: Cross-sectional study in a random sample and the ecological model. We used chi-square test, significance level (5%), odds ratios (OR) adjusted and confidence interval (95%). Results: 58.6% of women suffered some kind of physical violence throughout life of which only 5.8% sought heal…

expand abstract