Gianna Palmieri, Paola Giardina, Bianca Desiderio, Liberato Marzullo, Marta Giamberini, Giovanni Sannia
Abstract:A new procedure was developed for enzyme immobilization by entrapment in copper alginate gel. The mechanical properties of the copper alginate gel were characterized and compared with those of the most widely used calcium alginate. The system was applied to the immobilization of a fungal phenol oxidase. Optimal conditions for enzyme immobilization were set up: the system immobilized 85% of the enzyme, and the remaining 15% was recovered in the aqueous immobilization medium. The stability and activity of the im…
scite is a Brooklyn-based startup that helps researchers better discover and evaluate scientific articles through Smart Citations–citations that display the context of the citation and describe whether the article provides supporting or contrasting evidence. scite is used by researchers from dozens of countries and is funded in part by the National Science Foundation and the National Institute of Drug Abuse of the National Institutes of Health.