2010
DOI: 10.1177/030089161009600533 View full text |Buy / Rent full text
|
|

Abstract: Pulmonary and digestive neuroendocrine tumors (NETs) are a group of neoplasms whose incidence and prevalence has been constantly increasing over the last years thanks to the significant improvements in instrumental diagnostic techniques. Because NETs are extremely heterogeneous a correct histopathological diagnosis is essential for appropriate treatment. More specifically, the histopathological diagnosis of NETs can be regarded as a multistep: identification of the neuroendocrine nature of the neoplasm, determ… Show more

Help me understand this report

Search citation statements

Order By: Relevance
Select...
1
1
1
0
3
0

Year Published

2013
2013
2016
2016

Publication Types

Select...
3

Relationship

1
2

Authors

Journals

0
3
0
Order By: Relevance
“…Well differentiated endocrine carcinomas (non-functioning) exhibit immuno-positivity for endocrine markers but are not related to any hyperfunctional clinical syndrome. 17 This differentiation results in grouping them separately from well differentiated endocrine tumours and well differentiated endocrine carcinomas of other sites.…”
Section: Tumour Groupingmentioning
Create an account to read the remaining citation statements from this report. You will also get access to:
  • Search over 1.2b+ citation statments to see what is being said about any topic in the research literature
  • Advanced Search to find publications that support or contrast your research
  • Citation reports and visualizations to easily see what publications are saying about each other
  • Browser extension to see Smart Citations wherever you read research
  • Dashboards to evaluate and keep track of groups of publications
  • Alerts to stay on top of citations as they happen
  • Automated reference checks to make sure you are citing reliable research in your manuscripts
  • 7 day free preview of our premium features.

Trusted by researchers and organizations around the world

Over 130,000 students researchers, and industry experts at use scite

See what students are saying

rupbmjkragerfmgwileyiopcupepmcmbcthiemesagefrontiersapsiucrarxivemeralduhksmucshluniversity-of-gavle
“…Well differentiated endocrine carcinomas (non-functioning) exhibit immuno-positivity for endocrine markers but are not related to any hyperfunctional clinical syndrome. 17 This differentiation results in grouping them separately from well differentiated endocrine tumours and well differentiated endocrine carcinomas of other sites.…”
Section: Tumour Groupingmentioning
“…Comparative analyses of specific RET/ PTC variants revealed that RET/PTC-1 was dominant within spontaneous forms where it was strongly related to the classic variant, whereas RET/PTC-3 was predominant among radiation-induced carcinomas where an association with the solid variant was demonstrated (Nikiforov et al 1997, Tallini et al 1998, Thomas et al 1999, Rabes et al 2000. Furthermore, RET/PTC-3 was more frequent than RET/PTC-1 in tall cell PTC, which represents the most aggressive variant (Ghossein et al 2007, Milione & Seregni 2010, and its expression in transgenic mice generated solid PTC with metastatic spread (Santoro et al 1996, Powell et al 1998. Therefore, a different oncogenic potential, likely determining an opposite prognostic impact, has been proposed for RET/ PTC-1 and -3.…”
Section: :11mentioning
“…The increase is partly related to improved diagnostic procedures but also a real numerical rise has been observed. NETs may arise in all anatomic districts, although gastrointestinal and pulmonary lesions account for about 85% of cases 2 . The remaining 15% have been found at various other sites 3 .…”
Section: Introductionmentioning